Yanmar Diesel Engine Strip-Down (Technician)
Diesel Engine Strip-down rebuild course – 4 Days
Gain diesel engine strip-down and rebuild skills in Thailand. Strip-down the Yanmar L60AE-D diesel engine and inspect, rebuild, adjust, service and test it to manufacturer specifications.
The Diesel Engine Technician training was introduced by popular demand from DITC students. The students wished to learn the skills necessary to service/repair small diesel engines that power many of the portable compressors worldwide. The Yanmar LA60AE-D engine featured is used to power the USA GSA Bauer C-D/DV/NAVY unit.
Why complete the Diesel Engine Strip Down training?
There are more than 50,000+ high pressure breathing air compressors used worldwide. The navy, army, fire departments, rescue teams, coastguards, response teams, commercial diving and recreational diving use them. Many of these are portable units and powered by small diesel engines.
This large installed user base generates an ongoing requirement for technicians with the specialist skills to service this equipment.
Diesel Engine Academic Development Work (day 1)
- Basic 4-stroke engine operating principals.
- History of diesel engine development.
- Adiabatic compression ignition principles.
- Fuel injectors – principals of operation.
- Fuel pump – principals of operation.
- Oil pumps – principals of operation.
- Spare part ordering.
- Management of in house spares inventory systems.
- Manufacturer’s product reviews.
- Safety issues – diesel injection, run away, starting injuries, exhaust gases, PPE.
- THEORY EXAM.
Diesel Engine Strip-Down – Workshop Sessions (days 2, 3, 4)
- Hands on user strip down/rebuild session.
- Removal of intake and exhaust components.
- Recoil starter system removal, repair and replacement techniques.
- Fuel supply system strip down, cleaning and replacement.
- Cylinder head strip down, inspection, rebuild.
- Crankcase, crankshaft and camshafts strip down, inspection & rebuild bearings.
- Removal inspection and replacement techniques.
- Piston rings Removal, inspection & replacement techniques.
- Barrel inspection & honing techniques.
- Inlet & exhaust valve inspection, removal and replacement. Lapping techniques.
- Fuel injector strip-down, inspection, cleaning methods, re-assembly and adjustment technique
- Fuel pump strip down, inspection, cleaning, re-assembly.
- Crankshaft, camshaft, fuel pump – reassembly critical points.
- Running adjustments. Use of tachometer.
- Power output measurements using Prony brake.
Diesel Engine Strip-Down Training Includes:
- Small Diesel Engine technician training certificate establishing the legal competent person status of the technician to work on diesel engines.
- All student training Manuals used during the course.
- Online access to the technician database.
- All spare parts & consumables used during the course.
- Free Tea/Coffee and high speed Wi-Fi internet access at the training center.
- Training enables the diesel engine technician to carry out timely repair / maintenance to their own diesel engine when operating in remote locations.
- Skills and knowledge prevent costly damage to the diesel engine and the operator.
- Qualifications improves dive industry employability, especially in remote diving destinations.
Dive Technician Training:
- ASSET – Organisation – Aims of ASSET.
- SCUBA Cylinder Inspection – Part 1 – Visual Inspection
- SCUBA Cylinder Testing – Part 2 – Hydrostatic Testing
- Part 1 & 2 SCUBA Cylinder Testing Combined Package
- SCBA Cylinder Inspection – Part 3 – Composite Cylinder
- Oxygen Technician / Gas Blender – 2 days Combined Package
- DITC – (Dive Industry Technician Course – 10 days)
- Dive Compressor Strip Down Rebuild Training – (5 days)
- Haskel Booster Technician Training – Oxygen Booster Operation, Service, Maintenance
- CMMS Training – Computer Maintenance Management Systems Course
- Gauge Calibration Course – (1 day)