ADVANCED Dive COMPRESSOR Strip Down Training / REBUILD COURSE – 5 DAYS
The Advanced Dive Compressor Strip Down training is a program to extend the capabilities of compressor operators who have already completed the CASM Course. The course is designed for specialist dive industry people with responsibilities for the advanced strip down and rebuild and repair of high pressure air compressors. Strip down training opens many new avenues for scuba employment and responsibility within a dive operation.
The compressor strip down training covers general maintenance, operation, standards and relevant legislation across all major manufacturers products, but also covers the following advanced course sections:
Compressor Academic Development Work (day 1)
- Legal requirements & regulations
- Operator Instructions
- Air facts and pumping rates
- Single stage compression – disadvantages
- Multi stage compression
- Compressor Efficiency
- Determining compressor size requirements
- 3 stage High-Pressure compressor – essential system parts
- Water separator & filtration system
- Filter composition – chemicals used
- Air quality measurements
- Air quality test methods
- Lubrication methods / oil types
- Explosion hazards
- Compressor use – essential operator tasks
- Compressor use – essential maintenance tasks
- Air bank usage
- V-belt adjustment
- Pulley wheel alignment
- 3-phase electricity supply fundamentals
- 3-phase Star-Delta Starter fundamentals
- Protection systems 3-phase motor
- Advanced EN12021
- Breathing Air Filtration System Design & PMV Dependency
- Water content of air at different temperatures
- Predicting Molecular sieve lifetime
- Predicting Activated Carbon lifetime
- Hopcalite requirements for carbon monoxide filtering
- Compressor and air storage systems archived issues
- Compressor service manuals usage
- Spare parts ordering
- Manufacturers product reviews
The dive compressor academic development has a theory examination.
Workshop Session (day 2)
- Hands on user servicing and run up tests of (all models)
- Bauer Junior, Bauer Capitano, Bauer Mariner, K14
- Coltrisub MCH6, Coltrisub MCH16
Workshop Session Days(3,4,5)
* Chose from either:- Bauer Junior, Bauer Capitano, Bauer Mariner, Coltrisub MCH6, Coltrisub MCH16
- Remove and replace:
- Protective guards
- Intercooler pipes
- Cylinder heads
- Cylinder barrels
- Examine cylinder barrels for wear
- Examine bearings for wear
- Strip down and adjust safety valves
- Strip down and rebuild final Bauer p21 safety valve
- PMV strip down and adjust
- Strip down and service Interstage condensate trap replace filter
- Strip down and repack P21 filter
- Adjust high pressure Oil Pump setting of Bauer final stage lubrication system
- Setup and use of Bauer B-timer Automatic filter check
- Use of interstage pressure gauges for fault finding
- Test compressor to 330 bar to confirm integrity and lack of leaks
- Power consumption measurement – use of Voltmeter & clip on ammeter
- Rpm measurement methods
- Heat measurement of heads and intercooler functionality checks
- 3-phase wiring basics – Changing rotation direction of 3-phase electric motor
- 3-phase star-delta starter / 6 wire 3-phase motor basics
- Adjusting Star-delta switch time
- Petrol engine rpm regulator adjustment for correct rpm
- Alignment of drive motor and fan belt adjustment
- Pumping efficiency tests
- Compressor Log sheets use
- Introduction of faults to the compressor and technician booby traps
- EN12021 Air purity testing – preparation and test workshop following rebuild
Dive Compressor Strip Down Training Includes:
- ASSET/IDEST approved Certification establishes the legal competent person status of the technician to work on all compressed air systems.
- All of the student training manuals are included and access to our technician online database is granted.
- All compressor spare parts & consumables used during the course.
- Free Tea/Coffee and high speed Wi-Fi internet to keep you fuelled at the training facility.
There are no formal pre-requisites for the Dive Compressor Strip and Rebuild training.
Dive Compressor Strip Down Rebuild Key Benefits:
- Opens new fields of employment and hence dive career development.
- Certification is highly desired by remote employers.
- Training prevents costly damage to the compressor unit through lack of operator care.
- Understanding prevents costly damage or destruction of the dive centers scuba tanks.
- Certification provides proof of formal compressor and air bank training. When a new compressor stops working, manufacturers often blame the operator or the owner if the person responsible for compressor operation has no training. However, if the compressor operator has formal training, the blame for compressor failure shifts back to the manufacturer or supplier of the unit.
Learn how to use and carry out routine servicing of all compressor models, then strip down and rebuild one.
Example of compressors types used during the course:- Bauer Junior, Bauer Capitano, Bauer Mariner, Bauer KAP Series, Coltrisub MCH6, Coltrisub MCH16, L&W Lenhardt & Wagner LW450ES *
* Exact compressor models used for training may vary. Older units are retired and newer units are brought into the technician training workshop.
The diving compressor strip down training is a real asset to diving professionals that require dry-side skills working in a remote area.
(Mermaids offer an Engine Strip-down and rebuild course (4 days)).